If you’ve played flute for even a few weeks you may have wondered if the tones that you play are absolutely correct. How do you know the best note to tune a flute to?
Well, this is a good question, especially if you intend to play with other musicians, whether that be live or simultaneously with a recording.
It may seem like a simple question, but there’s actually a lot to the science behind it.
In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- What it means to be in tune
- What to listen for to play in tune with another flute
- Why different pitches are used in tuning with band, orchestra, etc
- Various tricks and skills that can help put your flute in tune
- What you can look forward to learning today